Platinum Electrical Solutions are qualified
to perform a Periodic inspection report on your property no matter what
type of installation it is.
What is a periodic inspection report designed
- To make sure the installation is safe for continued use!
It does this by!
- Highlighting damaged or defective parts of the installation!
This is found out through
- A visual inspection of the installation
- Technical measurements taken using meters to test all the parts that
- the installation. i.e. cables, rcds etc.
- Functional test to verify all equipment works as intended
- Making certain all results conform with the 17th edition IEE wiring
Common faults found, that need rectifying
- Suitability of switchgear – old fuse boards with wooden rack,
cast iron switches will
- need to be changed.
- Condition of wiring system – if it’s an old installation,
i.e. older than 30 years then you
- are at risk of fire. Insulation resistance
tests on cables will find out if you’re in danger,
- and deteriorated the insulation is.
- Broken or defective fittings – everything has a life span, but
also fittings/equipment get
- knocked and broken. This could cause there
be holes enabling adults or children get
- electric shocks accidentally, or could
loosen the connections, in-turn causing arcing
- which can potentially cause a fire. Visual
inspection and testing will ascertain any
- Overloaded circuits – we check the load against the cable size,
breaker rating to make
- sure circuits are not overloaded.
Once we have completed the report you will receive a copy. There will
be a list of works that need to be completed. Each point on the list will
have a code next to it, stating the level of importance.
Code 1: REQUIRES URGENT ATTENTION
Code 2: EQUIRES IMPROVEMENT
Code 3: REQUIRES FURTHER INVESTIGATION
Code 4: DOES NOT COMPLY WITH REGULATIONS
The report will state whether the installation is in a satisfactory or
When you need a Periodic inspection report!
- 10 years/change of use for domestic
- 5 years for commercial
- 3 years for industrial
- 1 year for special locations
- When a property/premises is to be let
- Selling or buying property/premises